Sunday, March 30, 2014

Web Presence Makes a Professional

This weekends goal was to establish a web presence for myself outside of Etsy and Blogger. Yep - a real website. I first started building one using the free editing system - Weebly. Halfway through playing around with that, I caught wind of a website called Virb - which has an app specially developed to work with Etsy. So, naturally, I started building a site on Virb.

Now, Weebly is free and is easy to use with a great building feature. But, you have the Weebly ad on the bottom of your page. Virb is $10/month (but free for a year if you sign up with a valid .edu address!) but requires no advertisement on your page. I find the user face is a bit clunky and difficult to learn, but better to use once you get the hang of it.

I followed through and completed a rough draft of both sites. At this point, I'm leaning more towards continuing my Virb site and deactivating my Weebly site. But we will see! For now, they are both very basic. They need some color, that's for sure.


Virb Website



Weebly Website

No comments:

Post a Comment