Thursday, March 27, 2014

A is for Alphabet

I've been focusing a lot on the different components of my shop because it aligns with my current marketing research project. In my project, I'll be learning what others in the same market from me are doing similarly or differently that makes them more successful than I. Obviously - this is a for-profit shop, and I think a side-project solely focusing on the business aspect opposed to the artsy aspect will be extremely beneficial.

A few days ago I was experimenting with an art referred to zentangling. It is essentially just a fancy term for doodling, but it sound much more prestigious than "doodling". There are a bunch of different patterns, and of course you are welcome to create your own. This is what I drew up in my sketchbook:



It gained a bunch of likes on Instgram (just a doodle - imagine that!) so the other day I started the painstakingly annoying process of turning it into a vector image. I suppose if it were easy it wouldn't be considered an artform...



I have toyed around with the idea of making an alphabet series. But honestly, I have so many unfinished projects that I want to complete before I present this on MAY FIRST! It is definitely imperative that I sit down and make a list of all the things I want to finish and decide which ones are most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment